If you meet any 1 of these conditions, you are conducting advanced operations:
* You want to fly in controlled airspace
* You want to fly over bystanders
* You want to fly within 30 metres (100 feet) of bystanders (measured horizontally)
For advanced operations, here are some of the rules you must follow:
* Register your drone with Transport Canada before you fly it for the first time
* Mark your drone with its registration number
* Pass the Small Advanced Exam
* Pass a flight review with a flight reviewer
* Be able to show your Pilot Certificate – Advanced Operations and proof of registration when you fly your drone
* Fly within the operational limits of your drone
Our Programs comply with the TP15263E knowledge requirements for Advanced Operations, including the required ROC-A radio exam for Advanced operators.
Upon completion of the Transport Canada exam, you will then be required to take an Advanced Drone Flight Review/Test. The Flight Review contains 30 minutes oral exam of how to conduct a safe flight and a 15 minute flight test to show the Flight Reviewer the candidate's piloting skills.
Our flight reviewers will guide you through the process. After that, you will be issued from Transport Canada an Advanced Drone Pilot Certificate valid for flying close to people and within controlled airspace.
* Note Flight Reviews are conducted by our certified Flight Reviewers and are not included in the cost of these courses. Persons requiring a flight review should contact us directly to set up an appointment. At that time we will discuss what you will be required to provide at the time of the review.
The cost of the Advanced course is $499 plus tax. The course takes place over a five day period. For more information regarding these programs and options contact us by phone or email.
Copyright © 2020 Canadian Flyers International College - All Rights Reserved.